A new trend in the Hadoop ecosystem is SQL-on-Hadoop technologies that include a SQL layer or even a full SQL database over Hadoop. SQL-on-Hadoop solutions have become very popular recently as they solve the data management issues of Hadoop and provide a scale-out alternative for traditional RDBMSs.
Splice Machine has written a compelling new whitepaper justifying the need for SQL-on-Hadoop technology solutions. The whitepaper, “Splice Machine: SQL-on-Hadoop Evaluation Guide” includes a number of useful topics:
- Hadoop: moving beyond the big data hype
- Hbase: the database on Hadoop
- Struggling with existing databases
- Solution: SQL-on-Hadoop
- Reasons to use SQL-on-Hadoop
- Case studies
- The SQL-on-Hadoop checklist
- Splice Machine: a real-time SQL-on-Hadoop database
To download this 16 page thought-provoking guide, click HERE.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.