Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) today announced that more than 1,000 customer accounts are using its cloud-based product, Tableau Online. The milestone comes just nine months after the company announced the hosted version of Tableau Server, making it Tableau’s fastest-growing product. Companies both large and small are now using Tableau Online, including ACT, the nation’s leader in college and career readiness, and JetSuite, the nation’s fastest growing private jet charter company.
Tableau Online brings the power of rapid-fire business intelligence to the cloud, making analytics easier than ever. People can share, edit and add new data to dashboards in just minutes. Tableau Online levels the playing field for fast-moving organizations of any size. Now everyone has the ability to analyze their corporate data securely, without hardware or specially trained programmers.
The rapid adoption of Tableau Online is proof that there’s a strong market for business intelligence in the cloud,” said Chris Stolte, Chief Development Officer and co-founder of Tableau Software. “People are discovering that cloud analytics can be the fastest way to get everyone in a company making better data driven decisions today.”
Some of the 1,000 customers relying on Tableau Online today include:
- ACT: “Tableau Online has allowed us to get employees up and running quickly and with minimal administration,” said Tim Kuhns, Principal, Innovation Research and Analytics Evangelist at ACT, the nation’s leader in college and career readiness. “People are able to log on the same day we acquire the licenses and immediately start analyzing data. Tableau Online has also allowed us to avoid the time and cost associated with setting up local servers. For us, there are many benefits to doing analytics in the cloud.”
- JetSuite: “Tableau Online offers us a more flexible alternative to acquiring the human, hardware and software assets that are normally required to service a business intelligence solution,” said Steven Roy, Director of IT for JetSuite. “Plus, we were able to conceptualize our solution and design and then deploy dashboards all within a week. Our employees have widely embraced Tableau Online as a tool to help them increase productivity and make better decisions with data.”
Customers are buying Tableau Online primarily for three reasons:
- “Go fast” scenarios. This may be a small company looking for its first analytics solution, or a large company working on a new project or business. Hosted analytics have advantages of speed over on-premises solutions, including no need for hardware or dedicated IT staff.
- Mobile scenarios. Many companies want to enable executives, salespeople or other road warriors with secure analytics. Tableau Online is outside the firewall so it fits this need.
- Partner and customer analytics. There is tremendous value in collaborating with partners and key customers on data. However, few organizations want to bring partners and customers inside the firewall. Tableau Online provides a place to share analytics, securely.
To request a free trial of Tableau Online, visit www.tableausoftware.com/products/online.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.