Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has launched Predictive Health Intelligence, a comprehensive set of analytics solutions to help global life sciences companies determine the precise combination of treatments and services that can lead to better patient, provider, and economic outcomes.
Accenture’s Predictive Health Intelligence enables life sciences companies to identify, aggregate and analyze data from disparate entities, including patients, payers, providers, governments, pharmaceutical and medical devices companies. This data-driven approach can help life sciences companies leverage better insights for determining which combination of services and treatments improve patient outcomes as well as the quality and affordability of health care.
By combining Accenture’s extensive experience in life sciences and health care with the most advanced cloud technologies and data science capabilities, we have built a set of innovative solutions that provides our clients with a deeper understanding of all facets of patient care,” said Anne O’Riordan, global industry managing director for Accenture’s Life Sciences practice. “With this deeper understanding, companies can take specific actions to raise the quality of care, improve care coordination and apply this approach over a longer period than a single moment of care. These are all key priorities for the industry.”
Accenture’s Predictive Health Intelligence solutions help life sciences companies develop evidence-driven business models to deliver the best possible patient results for target populations by:
- Creating a more comprehensive data- and insight-driven picture of the patient experience to identify care gaps and barriers.
- Developing a holistic set of services that addresses these gaps and barriers to improve patient access to care and the effectiveness of treatments.
- Rapidly measuring the effectiveness of these solutions so that real-time adjustments can be made to continually improve the patient experience.
- Informing clinical research based on the gaps and barriers identified in patient needs and populations.
- Operating these new capabilities as an integrated cloud-enabled service.
Accenture is collaborating with a number of companies to bring Predictive Health Intelligence solutions to our life science clients:
- Explorys: Provides an HIPAA-compliant big data analytics platform tracking the health status of millions of patients to measure the effectiveness of different treatment approaches and generate insights into prospective solutions to improve quality and outcomes.
- Liaison Technologies: Provides the big data technology platform to integrate, harmonize, manage and secure critical clinical and life sciences data in the cloud.
- Predixion Software: Provides the only predictive analytics platform that simplifies and expedites the entire predictive process to get actionable predictive insights embedded into existing enterprise software applications. On July 8, 2013, Accenture made a strategic investment in Predixion Software to jointly develop advanced industry and process-specific analytics solutions.
Life sciences companies are striving to become value-centric organizations, focusing on improving the health outcomes of individual patients and populations,” said Jeffrey Russell, senior managing director of Accenture’s Life Sciences North America practice. “We have already started to deliver services on behalf of a large global pharmaceutical company where we are aggregating data to perform observational studies to measure the value, usage, and effectiveness of drug therapies.”
A recent survey by Accenture’s Life Sciences practice – Why Pharma Companies Can’t Ignore Patient Services – indicates there is significant opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to become more engaged with the patients they treat and better understand how to deliver an improved patient outcome. According to the survey findings, the vast majority of patients (76 percent) don’t just want patient services from pharmaceutical companies; they expect these services. And, 74 percent of patients surveyed said that outreach by pharmaceutical companies to patients should be initiated as soon as patients start taking a medication.
Learn how you can speed up your life sciences research. Click HERE to download the white paper from the insideBIGDATA white paper library.