At the rercent Spark Summit 2014, DataStax, a leading distributed database management system that delivers Apache Cassandra to the enterprise, announced the general availability of DataStax Enterprise 4.5 (DSE 4.5). DSE 4.5 delivers excellent performance and is now even easier to develop against, deploy and operate. With this release, CIOs can more readily align enterprise technology with business requirements and are free to focus on delivering innovative customer-facing applications.
Following a recently announced partnership with Databricks, DataStax has integrated Spark for real-time analytics into DataStax Enterprise. DataStax Enterprise 4.5 is the only distributed database management system for online applications with both in-memory transactional and analytical capabilities, scalability for any sized workload, enterprise search, comprehensive security, and transparent management services.
DataStax Enterprise 4.5 adds a new Performance Service to its suite of automatic management services designed to simplify operations. This new functionality removes the mystery of how well a cluster is performing by supplying diagnostic information that can easily be queried. Further, DSE 4.5 automatically scans clusters, visually identifies issues, and provides expert advice on resolving problems.
Enhanced visual management supplies even greater ease of use and built-in security for managing large enterprise systems. In addition to visually enabling best practices
enforcement and providing customized performance monitoring, a single installation of OpsCenter can now support the management of 1,000+ node clusters.
With 4.5, for the first time companies can now merge Cassandra data with Hadoop and easily integrate operational and historical data together. To build on DataStax’s
commitment, we have forged solid partnerships with Hadoop vendors Cloudera and Hortonworks and DSE has been certified for their platforms.
DataStax Enterprise Transforms Businesses
- Integrated, Fast Analytics: 100 times faster in-memory transactional and analytics support workloads of any size and type.
- New Performance Service: eliminates the ‘black-box’ feel to Cassandra via built-in performance objects, best practices enforcement, expert recommendations, and tracing of worst running statements.
- Enhanced Visual Management: Support for 1,000 node clusters, built-in security, and point-and-click remote management from any device make managing online applications a breeze.
- Operational Simplicity: One single platform with integrated analytics, enterprise search, automatic management services, security, and Hadoop support.
- Cloudera and HortonWorks Partnership and Certification: Seamless integration with leading Hadoop vendors ensures that historical and real-time data are joined together to derive astoundingly accurate results.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.