Zettaset, a leader in Big Data security, today announced it is making Zettaset Orchestrator’s cornerstone Big Data security capabilities available as stand-alone product offerings. Customers now have the flexibility to leverage the complete platform, Orchestrator, or adopt individual feature applications as needed – such as enterprise data encryption and multi-service high availability – to customize and secure their Big Data environments.
Businesses today are seeking Big Data solutions that complement their existing technology investments and provide flexibility, while addressing enterprise requirements for robustness. Zettaset Orchestrator is a distribution-agnostic management platform that already delivers a robust and comprehensive enterprise-ready Big Data security suite, and automates Hadoop configuration and management.
Zettaset is now delivering individual high-value enterprise applications that can function independently of the full Orchestrator solution, and can be deployed using the customer’s management console of choice. Zettaset’s modularized applications are also designed to interoperate with any Apache open-source Hadoop or NoSQL database, giving customers maximum flexibility when determining where, when, and how to deploy.
Creating an enterprise-class Big Data security platform is a non-trivial task, and Zettaset has been at the forefront of this development for the past two years with our Orchestrator management and security platform,” said Jim Vogt, CEO of Zettaset. “Customers can now also take full advantage of Zettaset’s best-in-class capabilities, such as standards-based encryption, as stand-alone applications within their centralized enterprise data management framework.”
Zettaset’s patent-pending Data-at-rest Encryption is the first high-value application that will be available as a stand-alone product. General availability: August 15, 2014.
Zettaset Data-at-rest Encryption – Benefits and Features:
- Standards-based and designed to easily fit within existing enterprise security frameworks
- KMIP compliance enables interoperability with existing KMIP-compliant key managers such as those from Thales and IBM, or can be managed using included soft key manager
- PKCS compliance enables interoperability with existing hardware security modules (HSMs)
- Compatible with Apache-based Hadoop distributions including those from Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, Pivotal, Teradata, and IBM
- Compatible with NoSQL distributions such as Cassandra and Couchbase
- Can be deployed using commercially available installers, as well as the Zettaset Orchestrator management platform
- Optimized to minimize impact on database performance
- Optimized for on-premises as well as cloud deployments
Additional Zettaset high-value application modules that will be rolled out in coming months include:
- Multi-service High Availability framework, Zettaset’s unique, patented technology which provides automated failover for each and every service running in a Hadoop cluster
- High-availability Kerberos authentication with automated fail-over
- Fine-grained role-based access control for multi-tenant environments
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.