Looker, the company that is powering data-driven businesses, released Data Actions — the seamless integration of fully functional 3rd-party business processes into a data platform. Looker customers can now take immediate action on discovered actionable analysis directly from within Looker, dramatically simplifying workflows and improving productivity.
Looker is making the first Data Actions available today for some of the business tools most commonly used by its customers, and users can easily integrate any additional tools with APIs as Data Actions. For the first time users will be able to take advantage of Looker’s powerful analytics and critical business tools, all in one place. No more switching to Salesforce to update records, opening Zendesk to close a support ticket, or tabbing over to send an email; all this can be done right inside Looker.
When talking to line-of-business managers, we kept hearing about how much time their employees lose switching between applications to complete tasks based on the analysis they do in Looker. Data Actions centralizes the workflow so that teams can analyze data and take action based on their analysis, all in one tool,” said Frank Bien, CEO of Looker. “The Data Actions we released today are just the beginning. With Data Actions, it’s possible to integrate nearly any key business action into Looker, making teams smarter, more efficient, and happier.”
Looker Data Actions Available Now
Data Actions demonstrate how everyday workflows can be improved by acting on data analysis immediately through centralized business processes from within Looker. All these actions happen directly in Looker by communicating with the other applications’ API.
- Salesforce Updates – An account executive can quickly update Salesforce records of recently active leads directly from the Looker application
- Custom Emails – An account manager can send tailored emails to a customer or prospect while viewing their usage history in Looker
- Zendesk Tickets – A customer support representative can get a top-level view of open tickets, assigning and closing them in real-time to ensure all customer issues are resolved promptly
- Github Updates – A product manager can analyze Github issues and commits, assigning and tagging the most important ones without jumping back and forth between Github and Looker
- Adwords – A marketing campaign manager can find and then reallocate budget to the highest-performing campaigns, and pause the low performers, all from within Looker
Looker is an amazing tool for surfacing data-driven insights. Being able to take action on those insights without having to switch tools will be a huge time saver, improving our team’s efficiency and productivity,” said Amy Anthony, Director of Enterprise Data Operations at SendGrid. “We’re already looking forward to building out new actions to customize our workflows even further.”
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.