GoGrid, an infrastructure-as-a-service leader specializing in multi-cloud solutions, unveiled its new partnership with Cloudera, a leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, providing companies with a fast and easy way to evaluate and run the platform for Big Data through Cloudera Live.
Intel Corporation recently convened thought leaders in technology, healthcare, education and smart cities industries to encourage action on data privacy issues. Malcolm Harkins, vice president and chief security and privacy officer for Intel, said that the potential to unlock revolutionary discoveries is at stake, and called on the industry to be more transparent and accountable when collecting and using consumer data.
SoundOut Retail, a leading predictive analysis company and WGSN, a leading trend forecaster have partnered together to develop an innovative customer insight tool. The new service, which will enable fashion brands and retailers to better predict best-selling items before they hit stores, is set to be a game changer for the industry and will launch in early 2015.
In this special guest feature, Allen Bonde of Actuate discusses why we need to take all the Big Data we’re building up, pour it down a “data funnel” – then deliver it to customers as Small Data in ways that make it incredibly valuable. Allen Bonde is VP of Product Marketing & Innovation at business reporting and analytics leader Actuate Corporation – the people behind BIRT. [Read More...]
In this special guest feature, Saar Bitner of SiSense discusses the history and current state of BI software, and how things are starting to change to better address the needs of the business user. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Visualization of the Week: Dueling Measures of Poverty
- GoGrid Powers Cloudera Customer Trials With New 1-Button Deploy™ Solution
- Teradata and MapR Partnership Expands Hadoop Choices within Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture
- New C9 Sales Application Harnesses the Power of IBM Watson
- Intel Rallies Thought Leaders to Rethink Data Privacy to Spur Innovation
- Big Data Humor: Making Your Data Say Uncle
- The Major Roadblocks Facing the Smart City