Databricks — the company founded by the creators of the popular open-source Big Data processing engine Apache Spark with its flagship product, Databricks Cloud — today announced that Radius Intelligence, the business-to-business marketing intelligence company, selected Databricks Cloud as its preferred big-data processing platform.
Paxata, provider of the first purpose-built Adaptive Data Preparation™ solution, today announced the results of its Data Preparation Performance benchmark study. The evaluation tested the performance of Paxata’s recent Spring ’15 release based on Apache Spark.
With the public’s attention on the recent measles outbreak, here is a compelling visualization authored using Tableau by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) — “Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks.” CFR maps vaccine preventable outbreaks since 2008.
In this special guest feature, Justin Shriber of C9 advises how data science as a service opens many doors previously closed to companies wishing to capitalize on the power of predictive analytics. [Read More…]
In this special guest feature, Prat Moghe of Cazena gives his thoughts about doing big data in the cloud. Prat Moghe is CEO & Founder of Cazena, a company with a mission statement to make gathering information easier for Fortune 2000 companies who want to analyze it. [Read More…]
All Recent News
- Radius Intelligence Implements Databricks Cloud for Big Data Processing
- Paxata Achieves High Performance for Data Preparation Based on Apache Spark
- Visualization of the Week: Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks
- CrowdFlower Launches New Open Data Initiative
- Data Science 101: Automating Analytics
- TIBCO Launches Spotfire 7 With “Smart” Analytics
- When Integrating Big Data and Mobile, Location is the Key to Security