“And, to me this is the point of this talk. Is that, the world is changing. There is money going to be made by the bucketful, and it isn’t going to go to Larry and his gang. It’s going to go to smart people like you that know how to leverage open-source.”
Caringo® recently announced the availability of Swarm HadoopFS, a native Hadoop 2+ connector for Caringo Swarm that saves time and resources with highly-efficient direct parallel map reduce processing, paired with compliance features such as WORM, integrity seals and Legal Hold.
Segment, touted as a customer data hub, has announced a new integration that enables customers to load data directly into Amazon Redshift. Companies use Segment to collect data from any device and platform, then translate and send that data to third-party services for analytics and marketing.
Learn how YARN offers a world beyond MapReduce for Hadoop 2: less-encumbered by complex programming protocols, faster, and at a lower cost! [Read More...]
In this special guest feature, Allen Bonde of Actuate discusses why we need to take all the Big Data we’re building up, pour it down a “data funnel” – then deliver it to customers as Small Data in ways that make it incredibly valuable. Allen Bonde is VP of Product Marketing & Innovation at business reporting and analytics leader Actuate Corporation – the people behind BIRT. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Interview: Dan Blaisdell of Manifest Insights Talks Big Data and Business Intelligence: Past, Present, Future
- Video: Data and Goliath – Why Startups Own the Future of Big Data
- Caringo Announces Direct Massively Parallel, Compliant Storage for Hadoop
- Segment Launches Automatic Data Transformation and Loading into Amazon Redshift
- Big Data Humor: Those Pesky Log Scales
- Ask a Data Scientist: Data Leakage
- NTT Comware Deploys MapR to Power Hadoop-as-a-Service for SmartCloud®