At the Alteryx user conference this year, Ingersoll Rand shared how they use data blending and advanced analytics to help achieve their company goal of advancing the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments for places such as homes, buildings and for transportation.
GoGrid, an infrastructure-as-a-service leader specializing in multi-cloud solutions, unveiled its new partnership with Cloudera, a leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, providing companies with a fast and easy way to evaluate and run the platform for Big Data through Cloudera Live.
Intel Corporation recently convened thought leaders in technology, healthcare, education and smart cities industries to encourage action on data privacy issues. Malcolm Harkins, vice president and chief security and privacy officer for Intel, said that the potential to unlock revolutionary discoveries is at stake, and called on the industry to be more transparent and accountable when collecting and using consumer data.
A recent TDWI report sponsored by Alteryx shows that predictive analytics is having a huge impact on the data and analytics landscape within organizations. The infographic below highlights the data types and new use cases that benefit from the increased use of predictive analytics, and why business analysts are best positioned to make the greatest contribution. [Read More...]
In this special guest feature, Matei Zaharia, CTO of Databricks and Creator of Apache Spark, explores open-source Apache Spark ‘s status in the Hadoop community. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Ingersoll Rand Turns Rich Survey Data into Actionable Insight in Hours
- Visualization of the Week: Dueling Measures of Poverty
- GoGrid Powers Cloudera Customer Trials With New 1-Button Deploy™ Solution
- Teradata and MapR Partnership Expands Hadoop Choices within Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture
- New C9 Sales Application Harnesses the Power of IBM Watson
- Intel Rallies Thought Leaders to Rethink Data Privacy to Spur Innovation
- Big Data Humor: Making Your Data Say Uncle