With the public’s attention on the recent measles outbreak, here is a compelling visualization authored using Tableau by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) — “Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks.” CFR maps vaccine preventable outbreaks since 2008.
CrowdFlower, a leading data enrichment platform for data scientists, today announced Data for Everyone, a new open data initiative that gives public access to thousands of dollars’ worth of Rich Data that is fully deduped, organized and cleaned by CrowdFlower’s people-powered platform of over 5 million contributors.
For the latest installment of our Data Science 101 series, we have Bjorn Johansson, Executive Director Operations at Ericsson, presenting several initiatives where Ericsson is applying new methods to accelerate business transformation work.
In this special guest feature, Andrew Herman, President of CorSource, addresses data quality, a challenge facing all companies in the age of mass data collection. “Successfully tackling data quality is imperative, and achievable with a progressive, methodical approach. Your competitors are struggling with this very issue, and the question is whether this is going to remain your problem, or just theirs.” [Read More…]
How safe is your Big Data repository? In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team discusses the recent iCloud theft of celebrity photos. Henry thinks this is simply the data breach of the week and that the real issue is the need for two-factor authentication and end-to-end security. [Read More…]
All Recent News
- Visualization of the Week: Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks
- CrowdFlower Launches New Open Data Initiative
- Data Science 101: Automating Analytics
- TIBCO Launches Spotfire 7 With “Smart” Analytics
- When Integrating Big Data and Mobile, Location is the Key to Security
- ALDO Scales with Talend to Meet Growing Sales Demand
- Unity + Couchbase Mobile Improve Game Development with Sync and Offline Support