Growing customer demand for cloud analytics and data visualization in 2014 were among the top drivers for SAS’ 39th consecutive year of revenue growth. SAS posted US$3.09 billion, up 5.1 percent in constant currency (2.3 percent US dollars) over 2013.
As a Superbowl treat, this week’s visualization is actually TWO cool interactive data viz apps about Sunday’s Super Bowl match-up between the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks.
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a leading distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, announced the availability of free Hadoop On-Demand Training for developers, analysts and administrators.
Service quality is one of the most prominent reasons why customers switch banks. With credit card transactions and loyalty programs, banks possess far more data about customers than any other industry. But in spite of all the data, banks are unable to effectively deliver personalized service. The reason? [Read More…]
Last evening I had the pleasure of attending the latest installment of our local Los Angeles Big Data User Group where I am co-organizer. The featured speaker was Dr. William Bain, Founder & CEO of ScaleOut Software, a company providing distributed data grids for the enterprise. Bill’s talk was “Making Hadoop Realtime” where he discussed how in-memory data grids bring tremendous value to the Hadoop software stack. [Read More…]
All Recent News
- SAS Achieves Record Revenue in 2014 – $3.09 Billion
- Application and Data Integration Teams and Tools are Better Together – Here’s Why
- Big Data Humor: Breaking the Ice
- Visualization of the Week: Patriots vs. Seahawks
- MapR Unveils Free Hadoop On-Demand Training Program
- In-Store Analytics for Success
- VoltDB Announces Version 5.0: Expands Hadoop Integration