MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a leading distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, has announced that NTT Comware is using the MapR Distribution including Hadoop to power its new SmartCloud service. Launched earlier this month for customers in Japan, SmartCloud provides Hadoop-as-a-service to leverage its big data processing infrastructure running in the cloud.
Savvy retailers are harnessing the power of big data by combining data from a number of sources such as web browsing patterns, social media and industry forecasts. They are using big data to predict trends, prepare for demand, optimize pricing, and ultimately to improve each customer’s experience to increase acquisition and retention rates.
At the Alteryx user conference this year, Ingersoll Rand shared how they use data blending and advanced analytics to help achieve their company goal of advancing the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments for places such as homes, buildings and for transportation.
Ever wonder what will happen when exabyte data stores are the norm, and even the parallelism of Hadoop can no longer provide the necessary processing power to address the data deluge? Quantum computing may hold the answer. [Read More...]
Last night I had the distinct pleasure of attending a Data Science Track event sponsored by the LA Machine Learning meetup group: Data Science @ Netflix. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- NTT Comware Deploys MapR to Power Hadoop-as-a-Service for SmartCloud®
- Data Science 101: Cassandra Tutorial for Beginners
- Sentient Technologies Raises $103.5 Million in Series C Funding
- Big Data – Darling of the Retail Industry
- Ingersoll Rand Turns Rich Survey Data into Actionable Insight in Hours
- Visualization of the Week: Dueling Measures of Poverty
- GoGrid Powers Cloudera Customer Trials With New 1-Button Deploy™ Solution