With the public’s attention on the recent measles outbreak, here is a compelling visualization authored using Tableau by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) — “Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks.” CFR maps vaccine preventable outbreaks since 2008.
CrowdFlower, a leading data enrichment platform for data scientists, today announced Data for Everyone, a new open data initiative that gives public access to thousands of dollars’ worth of Rich Data that is fully deduped, organized and cleaned by CrowdFlower’s people-powered platform of over 5 million contributors.
For the latest installment of our Data Science 101 series, we have Bjorn Johansson, Executive Director Operations at Ericsson, presenting several initiatives where Ericsson is applying new methods to accelerate business transformation work.
Last evening I had the pleasure of attending the latest installment of our local Los Angeles Big Data User Group where I am co-organizer. The featured speaker was Dr. William Bain, Founder & CEO of ScaleOut Software, a company providing distributed data grids for the enterprise. Bill’s talk was “Making Hadoop Realtime” where he discussed how in-memory data grids bring tremendous value to the Hadoop software stack. [Read More…]
For an illuminating look at the history and future of predictive analytics and big data, here is The Analytics Big Bang – predictive analytics reaches critical mass as big data and new technologies collide. [Read More…]
All Recent News
- Visualization of the Week: Vaccine Preventable Outbreaks
- CrowdFlower Launches New Open Data Initiative
- Data Science 101: Automating Analytics
- TIBCO Launches Spotfire 7 With “Smart” Analytics
- When Integrating Big Data and Mobile, Location is the Key to Security
- ALDO Scales with Talend to Meet Growing Sales Demand
- Unity + Couchbase Mobile Improve Game Development with Sync and Offline Support