MongoDB has announced the acquisition of WiredTiger Inc., an innovator in database storage engine technology. WiredTiger will contribute to the performance, scalability, and hardware efficiency of MongoDB for all users with the upcoming release, MongoDB 2.8. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Zignal Labs, a leader in delivering data-driven insights from big data analytics, realtime media monitoring, and business intelligence, has announced that it has entered into a strategic alliance with LexisNexis. Zignal Labs will provide access to LexisNexis® news content of over 20,000 global online and print outlets, including magazines, journals, and newspapers, into its analytics platform.
The MIT Media Lab recently announced the creation of the Laboratory for Social Machines (LSM), funded by a five-year, $10 million commitment from Twitter. As part of the new program, Twitter will also provide full access to its real-time, public stream of tweets, as well as the archive of every tweet dating back to the first.
In this special guest feature, Ellie Fields of Tableau identifies the 5 top business intelligence trends for the upcoming new year in 2015. [Read More...]
In this special guest feature, Mathias Golombek of EXASOL discusses the need for speed in big data computing architectures and how in-memory computing solutions can fit the bill. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Visualization of the Week: Turing Awards 1966-2013
- MongoDB Acquires WiredTiger Inc.
- Big Data Humor: The Rabbit or Duck Conundrum
- Zignal Labs Teams Up with LexisNexis for Big Data Analytics
- Pulling Insights from Unstructured Data – Nine Key Steps
- MIT Launches Laboratory for Social Machines with Major Twitter Investment
- Big Data: A Data Driven Society?