There are many sources that predict exponential data growth toward 2020 and beyond. Yet they are all in broad agreement that the size of the digital universe will double every two years at least, a 50-fold growth from 2010 to 2020. Human- and machine-generated data is experiencing an overall 10x faster growth rate than traditional business data, and machine data is increasing even more rapidly at 50x the growth rate. This trend creates a need for industrial scale big data solution. Here's why:
The exploding volume and speed of data growth has introduced several challenges:
• System management and growing cluster complexity
• Data center power, cooling, and floor space limitations
• Storage, data movement, and management complexity
• Lack of support for heterogeneous environment and accelerators
• Significant shortage of skills to integrate and manage the big data ecosystem
In this document, our focus is on “industrializing” big data infrastructure—bringing operational maturity to the Hadoop data ecosystem, making it easier and cost-effective to deploy at enterprise scale, and moving companies from the proof of concept stage into production-ready deployments. Download this Guide to Big Data on an Industrial Scale to learn more.