MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a leaning distribution for Apache Hadoop, today announced that first quarter bookings tripled over the prior year. With approximately 90% of its sales from subscription-based product licenses, the software company has high margins and predictable revenue.
In addition to record bookings, MapR announced the following milestones:
- An enterprise customer reported that it has generated more than one billion dollars of incremental revenue from the use of MapR technology.
- At least one company in each of the following industries has purchased over a million dollars of MapR product—financial services, networking/computers, software, online/web, ad media, telecom and market research.
- MapR has expanded operations to ten countries outside of North America.
Our tripling of year-over-year bookings demonstrates the ability of MapR to meet the demands for enterprise-grade Hadoop technology across multiple verticals,” said MapR Technologies CEO and Co-founder, John Schroeder. “Large and fast growing companies around the world have chosen MapR based on the strength of our technology and breadth of our Hadoop offering to drive robust revenue growth, reduce costs and mitigate risk.”
Other highlights in the last quarter include:
- MapR was recognized as a top-ranked Hadoop distribution in The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014 report, in which the company achieved the highest score for Current Offering among all reviewed vendors.
- The company announced the tight integration of HP Vertica’s high-performance analytics platform with the MapR enterprise-grade Distribution for Hadoop. This interactive SQL-on-Hadoop solution improves analyst productivity through expanded exploration of semi-structured data as well as traditional structured data.
- MapR added new Apache Hadoop projects such as YARN for next generation resource management and the complete Apache Spark technology stack for speed, programming ease and real-time processing advantages. The company continues to provide broad support for open source projects, with over twenty of them included in the MapR Distribution.
With the majority of MapR software deployed in production environments, Hadoop implementations are demonstrating a profound impact on operations. Companies are moving aggressively to impact business events in real time and 2014 will be another year of significant growth for MapR,” concluded Schroeder.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.